Get out your cameras and celebrate the natural beauty of America’s public lands and showcase volunteerism. Our 13th annual photo contest has a new theme: Faces & Places! This year's contest celebrates the faces and places we see on our public lands. Anyone, whether you volunteered on NPLD, are participating in a Public Lands Every Day Event this autumn or simply a fan of the outdoors, can submit a photo.
Share your favorite places and the people you spend time with at these special spots, including friends, volunteer groups, a scenic lookout or a hiking trail.
Prizes include trail gear from REI and entrants may have their work featured on our website, in promotional materials and more.
This contest is closed. View the 2013 photo contest winners here. Interested in entering the next contest? Details will be announced in Fall 2014.
Three (3) photographers (ages 14 years of age and up) will be awarded prizes packages, with all merchandise from REI, as follows:
- First Place: hiking prize pack with backpack, binoculars, trekking poles and more (approximate value $420).
- Two Runners up: trail walk prize pack with binoculars, trekking poles, a trail chair and more (approximate value $260).
All prizes were generously donated by REI, our 2013 Photo Contest Sponsor:
- Take a photo of the faces and places you see on a public land site. Photos must include people. And if any wildlife friends happen to sneak into your photo, that's okay too!
- All visible individuals in the photos, must sign a media release form. Download and print extra copies here.
- Submit your photo(s) via a Wufoo entry form by clicking here. After clicking the link, you will be redirected to the Wufoo website.
- Need ideas of images to shoot? Check out 2013 winners by visiting the multi-media gallery. Additional entries to our 2013 contest and prior years are on the NPLD Flickr site.
- Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or (202) 261-6479.
No purchase necessary. All contest participants must be residents of the U.S. and meet all eligibility requirements. Void where prohibited. Click here for complete rules.
Join Our Email List
NPLD is a Friend to Friends Groups
Friends Groups are vital to the long term health and growth of public lands. NPLD supports Friends Groups through webinars, educational materials and the Every Day Grants program. Learn more about each of these opportunities in our resources section.
NPLD Supports Let’s Move Outside
Participating in NPLD is a great way to get the recommended 60 minutes of daily activity, while you lend a hand for public lands. Learn more about Let’s Move Outside and how NPLD is involved in the national movement.