The 12th annual NPLD Volunteers in Action Photo Contest invited volunteers to share photos of people participating in a National Public Lands Day project. Photos showcased volunteers as they completed various enhancement projects, on our public lands, including: tree planting, trail maintance and historic site restoration.
The NPLD 2012 Volunteers in Action Photo Contest gave NPLD volunteers the opportunity to showcase their talent beside the backdrop of our country's public lands. Prizes included great outdoor recreation prizes from REI and entrants may have their work featured on our website, in promotional materials and more.
This contest is now closed. View the winning photos.
Three (3) photographers (ages 14 years of age and up) will be awarded prizes packages, with all merchandise from REI, as follows:
- First Place: A starter camping prize pack, featuring the REI Half Dome 2 Plus Tent, a tent footprint, REI Pinnacle 50 backpack and the REI Radiant Down +20 sleeping bag. Estimated value of the prize pack is $625.
- Second Place: A starter camping prize pack, featuring the REI Camp Dome 2 tent, a tent footprint and the REI Stoke 19 backpack. Estimated value of the prize pack is $200.
- Third Place: A starter hiking prize pack, featuring the REI Stoke 19 Pack, a REI water bottle and a REI eCycle lunch container. Estimated value of the prize pack is $95.
All prizes were generously donated by REI, our NPLD 2012 Photo Contest Sponsor:
- Take a photo of volunteers particiapting in service projects at a National Public Lands Day site.
- Remember photos must include people, but wildlife are welcome to join their human friends!
- All visible individuals in the photos, must sign a media release form. Download and print extra copies here.
- Need ideas of images to shoot? Check out the winners from 2011 by visiting the multi-media gallery. Additional entries to the 2012 contest are posted on the NPLD Flickr site.
- Questions? View our FAQ's or contact us at email@example.com or (202) 261-6479.
No purchase necessary. All contest participants must be residents of the U.S. and meet all eligibility requirements. Void where prohibited. Click here for complete rules.
Join Our Email List
NPLD is a Friend to Friends Groups
Friends Groups are vital to the long term health and growth of public lands. NPLD supports Friends Groups through webinars, educational materials and the Every Day Grants program. Learn more about each of these opportunities in our resources section.
NPLD Supports Let’s Move Outside
Participating in NPLD is a great way to get the recommended 60 minutes of daily activity, while you lend a hand for public lands. Learn more about Let’s Move Outside and how NPLD is involved in the national movement.