Media Kit for Site Managers
The Media Kit is designed to help site managers and volunteer coordinators capitalize on the local media potential of National Public Lands Day projects and use social networks to recruit more volunteers and generate more attention.
Download the Media Kit as a Microsoft Word (.docx) or as a PDF file. Below you may also download individuals templates (.docx) of the media advisory, press release and pitch email. Each of these items are also in the Media Kit.
The Media Kit features:
- A suggested calendar for planning your media outreach
- Ways to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of NPLD (#NPLD20) at your site
- A guide to social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube)
- Sample letters to distribute to media informing them about NPLD and your event
- Sample letter inviting local dignitaries to your event
- Facts on National Public Lands Day, environmental education and NPLD's partners and sponsors
- Information on how to include Let's Move Outside in your NPLD event
Join Our Email List
NPLD is a Friend to Friends Groups
Friends Groups are vital to the long term health and growth of public lands. NPLD supports Friends Groups through webinars, educational materials and the Every Day Grants program. Learn more about each of these opportunities in our resources section.
NPLD Supports Let’s Move Outside
Participating in NPLD is a great way to get the recommended 60 minutes of daily activity, while you lend a hand for public lands. Learn more about Let’s Move Outside and how NPLD is involved in the national movement.